DragonFly On-Line Manual Pages
MPI_T_category_get_info(3) MPI MPI_T_category_get_info(3)
MPI_T_category_get_info - Get the information about a category
int MPI_T_category_get_info(int cat_index, char *name, int *name_len, char *desc,
int *desc_len, int *num_cvars, int *num_pvars, int *num_categories)
- length of the string and/or buffer for name (integer)
- length of the string and/or buffer for desc (integer)
- index of the category to be queried (integer)
name - buffer to return the string containing the name of the
desc - buffer to return the string containing the description of the
- number of control variables contained in the category
- number of performance variables contained in the category
- number of categories contained in the category (integer)
THREAD AND INTERRUPT SAFETY
This routine is thread-safe. This means that this routine may be
safely used by multiple threads without the need for any user-provided
thread locks. However, the routine is not interrupt safe. Typically,
this is due to the use of memory allocation routines such as malloc or
other non-MPICH runtime routines that are themselves not interrupt-
All MPI routines (except MPI_Wtime and MPI_Wtick ) return an error
value; C routines as the value of the function and Fortran routines in
the last argument. Before the value is returned, the current MPI error
handler is called. By default, this error handler aborts the MPI job.
The error handler may be changed with MPI_Comm_set_errhandler (for
communicators), MPI_File_set_errhandler (for files), and
MPI_Win_set_errhandler (for RMA windows). The MPI-1 routine
MPI_Errhandler_set may be used but its use is deprecated. The
predefined error handler MPI_ERRORS_RETURN may be used to cause error
values to be returned. Note that MPI does not guarentee that an MPI
program can continue past an error; however, MPI implementations will
attempt to continue whenever possible.
- No error; MPI routine completed successfully.
- The MPI tool information interface is not initialized.
- Index is invalid or has been deleted.